Why is it that the flowers are best in late summer?
The cosmos took over my little flower bed at the house. They self seeded.
That sunflower is about 11 ft. tall and just bloomed the other day. Under all the cosmos are snapdragons, calendula, poppies and nasturtiums.
Escapees
Messy but beautiful!
My gladiolas are finally coming on. This color is blooming first:
There are a couple more colors to come, this one is next:
I should be able to add it to the bouquet in a couple of days. Should also be some yellow ones.
I may have planted them too deep, they took a long time to surface but I am so glad my glads are flowering!





8 comments:
I have no idea why some flowers bloom brightest towards the end of Summer. Good question.
Your blooms are beautiful! Full and very colorful, not messy in my eyes.
I used to grow Glads for my own bouquets. SO many colors to choose from. I don't have a place for them to grow here. Your beautiful bouquet makes me want to do something about that lol. Wow, the colors are stunning!
I grow them in containers, it works great. We have some that are from Ted's family that have been around for decades. Not sure they will all bloom this year, it is getting quite cold already.
Maybe late summer is less intense, and the flowers have lots of energy leftover from surviving summer conditions. Just a guess, because I have no idea, but those are really beautiful!
You have a way with capturing the spirit of the flower cold so soon
The flowers are beautiful. I love the ones that self seed and grow wild.
Cosmos are the go to flowers for me, I just love how they outgrown the weeds and shine on their own.
Your "messy" photo looks like a bouquet itself. I can't believe I never planted cosmos until last year. I moved the volunteers all over the yard this year and love them. Your flowers are beautiful.
So awesome that you are growing Ted's families Glads!! To me, gardening is all about sharing the love of blooms.
Post a Comment