Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Stills


This week, the Sunday Stills challenge is all about the sun; sunset or sunrise. I couldn't get a sunrise, most of the mornings were socked in and gray, but there were two days this week when it cleared off during the day. I didn't have any spectacular clouds to burst out in glorious color, in fact at sunset, there were no clouds, both days! So I made do with the wonderful critters who attract my eye the most; I give you, my horses at sunset.



19 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I especially like the second one with the rays of light on the horses' backs. Great choices.

Gail said...

Sun, I see sun! Great capture.

I agree with FV,the second is my favorite.

Ed said...

I'll third that the second is fantastic, but all are great shots..:-)

Janice said...

Excellent post well done.

VioletSky said...

Love the silhouette.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shots. They "feel" so warm!

lisa said...

Those are great! You did a great job!

gtyyup said...

I love that second shot...it's got a really warm feel. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Love them all. Especially how the light reflects off of the horses. :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing....all of them. I always love the way light reflects at certain times of the day. I love the sun flare in the third pic.

thecrazysheeplady said...

LOVE the glowing manes! Well done!!!

Crystal said...

Those are really cool shots!

Anonymous said...

oh my! these are stunning you're getting great with your camera!
the first one would make an excellent print x

Anonymous said...

The back lighting on their manes, and highlights on their backs is beautiful. Fantastic work.

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

excellent! the light at this time of day is just magical.
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Ebie said...

Perfect captures! I love the silhouettes and your critters played the part very well!!

CTG Ponies said...

I love the sun behind the horses! Great shots and very creative.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Gorgeous! The second one is my fave the way the ears are backlit and glowing.

~Lisa

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Those are GREAT...I need to get back into the Sunday Still Challenges!!!!! Guess I'll pop over there and check it out this week and get my booty in gear! For lack of sun you did an awesome job, I'm loving it!