A stormy day, today. Howling winds, driving rain and a little bit of hail. But that didn't stop Janice from coming over ( the drive is over an hour and a half!) to pick out her pup and bring me some plants for my containers. Including my pruned-by-the-deer- roses!
It took her a while, trying to decide between girl5 and girl2, but in the end she chose girl5. Knew she would! I'm leaving the naming up to Janice.

Just too flippin' cute! Another one should be picked tomorrow, and then I'll phone the rest of the folks on my puppy list.
We're done with breeding Coyote Belle, will check her again in about 3 weeks, hope she took. Little Kai is doing fairly well with leading now, I should be able to get him and mama out to pasture tomorrow, weather permitting.

He scuffed his little face on something- the first of many, I'm sure!
Things are so lush and green here now, the grass is a foot tall in places. The magnolia trees are blooming, and I can't wait to get my garden in. Another week or so, till all danger of frost has passed.
10 comments:
"Just too flippin' cute!"
I second that!
Those little paws have a lot to do with it:0)
Pretty adorable! Pupies and foal alike! Scuffed his face huh, they can hurt themselves on air I think!
Just too cute!
You are surrounded with beautiful animals.
It would be hard for me to choose a puppy so young. I like to lay down with the whole litter when they are up and moving and choose a personality.
All of yours will be gone before their eyes are open...that is a good thing.
howling winds is correct. the news clocked them in calgary here at over 70 k last night and this morning. its bitterly cold! our grass is just starting to come in here, and yours is a foot tall in places? wow. ah well.
sooner or later i'll start complaining about the heat wave, and it will come. it always does. blah.
Look at all that "cuteness" around you! You are truly blessed!!
I'm with Gail on waiting until you get to see some personality but if I do that with this one they will be all gone. I picked the right one though and she will be here in a few weeks and I will just have to make sure she has the personality I want her to have. The pup comes from good parents so I'm not worried.
Great day Shirley - thanks. Your dogs and horses are beautiful. Looking forward to our trip to Cranbrook.
I'd love to see pictures of your magnolia trees blooming!
Magnolia trees? Boy, I lead a sheltered life.
There's nothing in the world as wonderful as a collie pup especially the glas-eyed ones. Did you know that glas means blue in Welsh? My dad immigrated from there and I inherited his love of good dogs. Don't know how we would ever manage with out ours.
Someone once said: locking up a bad dog is like having two hired men. I say: Having one working collie is like having 4 hired men.
Post a Comment