I am so happy with Gussie. Every time I ride her I count my blessings that she is such a good minded albeit quirky mare. I always have a good ride on her. Yesterday a bay horse came trotting up to the fence as we rode by its pasture, and Gussie came to life and started strutting her stuff to show off for him, she made me laugh! When we got back I spied the little neighbour girl watching us, so I asked her if she wanted to ride... BIG smile and "Yes! I love horses!" so she got to ride by herself with me walking beside her and she got to do the steering. (Actually Gussie was just doing what I asked but Holly didn't know that).
Thumper wanted a ride too....
Gussie is getting her winter coat in, she always looks redder in the winter. Booncat is also getting darker as his winter hair comes in.
He has a funny light patch on his shoulder and his mane is still an outrageous mohawk. I hope it grows in thicker than it looks!
I was comparing him to the few baby pics I have of Beamer.
They are quite similar. They both have that low tailset and fine head and good legs.
I am pretty excited to keep this colt for a while! I love his nature, a nice combo of smart and 'tude with calm and friendly as well as athletic as all get out.
Riding day 59
5 comments:
Gussie did good! That little girl seemed thrilled. She’s a beautiful horse. So is Mr Booncat!
What a thrill for that little girl! I am so glad you got Gussie back:)
You're such a softy! You may have launched another Shyla!
SHAYLA! I meant to say Shayla!!!
He is lovely! ANd Yay Gussie! I am so glad you have that good mare back
Post a Comment