
Above is my pre ride photo. The tip of the bars is just behind her big shoulders and the line of the billet strap and cinch is straight.
I rode down to the mail and back, at a walk.

That is the post ride photo. You can see that the saddle didn't stay put by the angle of the cinch, which is more clear in this next photo.

That angle was straight at the start of the ride.
You can also see in that photo that the saddle pad is right behind the shoulder blade, which is where the saddle started out. So I think my next option is to try different padding options with this saddle and see if I can make it work. I feel that when the saddle slides back it raises the back of the saddle which will make the pressure of the bars greater at the front than the back.
Rides 71 & 72
3 comments:
Saddle buying can be so stressful. Someone told me if you buy a saddle to fit your horse you might as well bury it with the horse. Their philosophy was to get a saddle that fit you and use pads to make it fit the horse. Not sure that is possible in every situation. Glad you are able to test them out.
Try fitting one that is shaped like a barrel! That's not easy at all, had to find 8" bars and a very wide flare. Then you have to have the pad that works with the saddle. So not fun and I don't envy your having to find one either. Have you tried shims? I have not but know those who do.
Hope you find the perfect saddle for you and for Gussie:)
Post a Comment