At last, the smoke cleared and cooler weather has arrived. We were blanketed in heavy smoke for just over a week- I can't imagine how awful it is where the fires actually are. So horrendous, and my heart goes out to all affected- loss of homes, pets, livestock not to mention the people who have lost their lives. It seems like this year has been hell on earth.
We do the best we can to keep our minds off the disaster that this year has been, and for me, that means focusing on my horses.
It's Moondance training time.
I took him to the round pen a couple of days ago; just a different place for him to get used to, and while he explored I picked a few rocks, then decided to do a little sacking out with my longe whip.
He is so laid back! I love working with him.
Today I saddled Gussie, and took Moondance for his first time ponying out of the paddocks.
Mama Belle wasn't too happy about it, she called to him a few times but Moondance was so interested in his surroundings that he didn't even really notice. I think his weaning is going really well.
I hope to get a trail ride in this week, as well as ponying Moondance. He sure enjoyed his outing, and I am sure happy about how easy he is to pony. Those few lessons in the pen really paid off.
Riding day 37
3 comments:
What a good boy he is! So glad your smoke is gone for the moment!
What a chill guy!!
very nice!
Post a Comment