Friday, December 18, 2020

Things

As the mild weather continues, and the sun was shining, I took a quick little ride on Gussie, just enjoying the late fall scenery and marvelling at how each season has it's own beauty. There was a little bit of snow left from a few days ago, what the rain didn't melt away; just enough to cushion the rocky ground along the top of the dyke.


Then there were the rocks-  I marvelled at how life can grow on pure stone.


Around here there is a painted rock meme going...


Apparently you are supposed to turn them over to get the cute message on the other side, but since I was riding bareback that wasn't an option.


The river still runs clear and cold....


Our long shadow from the late afternoon sun....


Ponderosa pine with water droplets caught my eye.....


as did the way the sun highlighted just two tree trunks.

Just some of the things that delighted me on our ride- as well as how easy it was to guide Gussie with just a light pressure from the calf of my leg. I'm sure she was enjoying it as much as I was!

Riding day 58

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You hardly have snow! We got more the past two days. Yeah for a good ride on Gussie...she is a gem for sure. I hope that Tess is doing a bit better:)

aurora said...

The beauty in nature that surrounds us is amazing! Thanks for sharing all the treasures you found. The growth on those rocks are so interesting, almost look like snowflakes.

threecollie said...

Beautiful interlude...thank you for sharing it.

thecrazysheeplady said...

So nice :-)