Good Sunday morning!
Woke up to 0C degrees; fortunately a heavy dew kept the frost away and my tomatoes survived.
Yesterday I joined Shayla and baby Arthur to audit a clinic on halter breaking an untouched weanling and trailer loading a hard to load horse. It was a good review for us. The clinician was Ryan Butterwick, he was in a colt starting competition in Pennsylvania a couple months ago and came in second. He has been starting colts for a couple of decades. I liked the clear way he presented what he was doing and the results he got were testimony that the colt understood what was going on.
There was a free lunch and door prizes, and we each won a bag of Cool Care feed.
This will be great for Gussie; I have to keep her on pro/prebiotic as she has fecal water syndrome if I don't, something she has had off and on all her life. Sensitive red head!
I have a chiro coming to adjust her later today. This lady is licensed for people and equines so I expect she will do a good job. It will be interesting to see where Gussie needs work; I think the major area will be her neck.
We got rained out so I didn't get the mailbox ride in. Today I am going to set up an obstacle course in what was Beamer's turnout pen; Ted mowed it so it will be perfect and so much bigger than using the round pen. It will give me a purpose for riding- I always like to have something to focus on.


9 comments:
A limited distance endurance ride could keep your focus ;). Let me know if you ever are coming to southwest Virginia. I could always use some riding company.
Nice to have an obstacle course to use. It makes the equine think about things and concentrate!
Love your header photo. You are always doing fun stuff!!
You could set up all kinds of neat things, it will be fun to see what you come up with:)
My 🍅 didn’t do well at all this year but I’m hoping to get my spuds dug before it freezes much. Our ground is WET. It would be nice to live closer to a place where I could go to clinics like that once in a while. Bonus for winning prizes!
Yikes about the freeze. We had a birthday party here yesterday and the yellow jackets swarmed in worse than I’ve ever seen them. I am now mixed on wanting a freeze. 🤣
The clinic sounds great!
Pretty sure my long distance travel days are over, but thanks for the invite!
Same with me, the rider!
Seems like the wasps are more numerous and more aggressive this year... What's with that?
Post a Comment