In all the sadness of the recent weeks, I choose to look for the things that make me happy, to deflect my thoughts from the creeping darkness of this world.
Being injured and in pain definitely slows down one's ambitions, plans and goals.
Having plenty of pasture left for the winter makes me happy, as do shiny, healthy horses.
Patsy aka Pattycakes will be headed back to Shayla later this week. She has grown a bunch and is still the sweetest filly.
Flowers and bees and butterflies? Happy making for sure!
The moose hung around the riverbanks until the next morning. And now the deer are starting to come back, like these 3 does who didn't have fawns this year, showing up at daybreak.
View from my dining room window. Can you spot the third one?













14 comments:
yup, over by the far fence, right? π
I'm sorry you're injured, but the pictures are so peaceful. It's sometimes hard to look for beauty when it feels like the world is spinning out of control, but the beauty and peace is all the more precious for it.
Your horses look very healthy and happy. I hope you will soon be healed up, too. You’re blessed to have so many wild animals visiting. Do the horses graze the leftover grass under the snow through winter?
Right on! Always choose light & love, and good things will follow.
Your horses look happy & shiny. Cheery colorful photos! Of course my fav's are the sweetness of Thumper. What a love bug <3
Yes, I have 2 winter pastures that are untouched, the 15 acres and another 3 acre pen. Lots of long grass to keep them busy, and it cuts down on how much hay I have to feed while it keeps them active. Win win!
You are so good at identifyng butterflies, can you tell me what kind that one is? They are plentiful here.
That’s wonderful! Good for the horses, too, to be able to graze all year. The natural way.
Your girls are looking good! Yes I spied that third deer! Hope you get healed up soon:) I guess it all takes time.
Beautiful blog
I choose the beautiful things right now or the darkness would be overwhelming.
Hopefully you recover well from your injury! I'm so sorry that happened.
I love your attitude. We all need to choose light.
My friend Google says perhaps a Milbert's Tortoiseshell? "Known for dark brown upper wings, with bright orange band and blue spots on (lower) hind wings"
i actually had to look twice before i spotted it π
Thanks!
Post a Comment