Thursday, March 13, 2008

Can't wait........






To go trail riding in the Rocky Mountains again! This picture of some friends is from last summer at the Ya Ha Tinda Ranch historic site in Alberta. There was a group of 9 of us who went, and what spectacular scenery! This year, I'd like to go to the Kootenay plains, west of Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. I'd love to hear some stories of your favorite places in the world to ride, especially people from other countries! Please feel free to tell us your story in the comments.
Ahh, those wide open spaces; even in the midst of the mountains!
This is Silver Springs Lake, in the East Kootenays of British Columbia. It was our first trail ride of the season last year; about a six hour ride. My freshly shod mare blew a shoe at the beginning of the ride, and smart me didn't have anything to hammer it back on with, so I rode her carefully, getting off and leading her on any rough ground; she made the trip without coming up sore at all, which is a testimony to how good a foot she has. It was harder on me when I had to get off and walk! Try walking up and down steep hills in cowboy boots! I'm going to buy a set of those Easyboots so that doesn't happen again.

No comments: