Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy stuff

I am to write ten things that make me happy and tag ten people.

Thanks to Sydney, you all get to find out ten things that make me happy.
  1. The most important thing in my life is my faith, for in God I find the source of all happiness.
  2. My husband is a great blessing to me, and we have a very happy marriage.I hope I make him happy too!
  3. Like Sydney, I'm a morning person; the early hours are a special time to reflect on the blessings of my life, and I'm always positive and ready to take on the day- especially if I got a good sleep!
  4. My horses. I can't just single out my beautiful Beamer here, although he fills me with joy, because I take delight in all my horses, and I have had many wonderful ones. If I'm feeling down, even just a few minutes in their company can lift my spirits.
  5. My dogs. Coming home from a 15 minute trip I am greeted with as much unrestrained doggy joy as if I had been gone for days. It always makes me smile!
  6. Being able to help someone-sometimes even just a kind word is worth as much to someone as being able to give them financial or physical help; being charitable to others is a quiet source of joy.
  7. Finding treasures in an antique store or second hand store. So much more fun than new things!
  8. The lovely renewal of spring, when the leaves are bursting with fresh green, blossoms abound, birdsong fills the air.....sheer bliss on a spring evening to just sit and look and listen.
  9. It always makes me happy when I have accomplished some task to the best of my ability and find out that I did it well.
  10. And finally, babies! Of any kind! People, horses, dogs, cats, buffalo, birds, hippos, you name it, there is just something about a baby that is so endearing... until you have to clean up after them!
So there you have it! I don't always follow the rules, so I'm not tagging ten people, but if you want to play, copy the smiley face and have a go at it!

7 comments:

lisa said...

You did great with your list! You learn so much that way about a person! You have a good week.

Unknown said...

Thanks for doing this. I love hearing what makes other people happy.

The Wife said...

You are a very blessed woman to have so much happiness! Great list.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great list, also a good time to remember the things that make us happy ,stuck here in the February icks!

dickiebo said...

I can tell you that simply reading YOUR list makes me very happy! GBY.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like some wonderful things to be happy about. You are such a giving, cheerful, upbeat gal.

I appreciate all the words of encouragement and understanding you've left for me over at my blog, too.

Thank you,
~Lisa

ps You were right about 'Sugar' possibly being a Morgan. The first thing the vet said upon looking her over yesterday, "Aha! You've got yourself a cute little Splash White Morgan here" lol!

She could be mixed with something else, but there seems to be strong Morgan blood in her background for sure. Yay you. Good eye!

lopinon4 said...

TAG to you again! Sorry...it's just the way it goes. http://lopinon4.blogspot.com/2010/02/ive-been-tagged.html