Monday, July 21, 2014

A morning at Anchor D Guiding and Outfitting Ranch

The day I left Calgary to come home, I stopped for a quick visit at Anchor D Ranch- the place Ted and I got married, on horseback, in 1996. Dewy Matthews is the owner, and a long time friend. As I pulled in I could see that they had a big ride lined up as there were over 40 horses saddled and waiting for their riders. I had breakfast with them eggs benedict!!!- and did a photo shoot before I left.

The gorgeous log house

Snoozin' while he can

Dewy and his saddle

There's one in every crowd

This lady is a wrangler and a farrier

Saddled and waiting. How do you like that for a tack room?

Some lucky small child will get to ride Skookum

The horses that got the day off were napping in the sun

I'm pretty sure this young fella was posing for the camera (grin)

Peering between the logs of the round pen

6 comments:

Kurious Kim said...

I was half expecting a picture of the wedding in this post! Looks like a beautiful day for a ride. Love the cute little kid saddle :-)

aurora said...

Now that's my kinda photo shoot! Pretty sure I belong out West...that is a gorgeous log house & setting, like living in a dream.

CDH said...

Wow! Beautiful! Looks like a fun place to hang out.
Cheri

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow that is a pretty place, and with all the horses a great place for you to take photos! :)

Crystal said...

Pretty place they have, and mm love Eggs Benny!

lisa said...

Wow, what a place! Sure wish I was there for my wedding. I bet it was lovely.