One of the highlights of the day was the finals of the Cowboy Up Challenge, but before that we watched some other events like a demo of mini Chuckwagons- such cute little rascals!
Some colourful teams too!
After that, there was Cowboy Mounted Shooting, and that interests me- I can see me doing that. Once I get Kai broke!
We headed over to watch Dan James (Double Dan Horsemanship). He had an interesting demo, explaining what cues he gives his horses for the liberty work- but it's a long video and I will have to edit it and upload it to You Tube at a later date, no time right now as I am working on painting my kitchen cupboards - a good thing to do to keep me out of the heat outside.
Watched a little bit of the cutting too, but I think it was boring for Jessi so we didn't stay long at that. I did really good not eating the junk food that abounded there- I did have a frozen fruit smoothie, roasted corn on the cob, and one of those foot long barbecued sausages. Mmmmm!
The Cowboy Up was a blast! I took lots of photos of the obstacles for our local club, who are putting on a competition in August. One of the unique ones was the suspension bridge..... I thought the horses would freak at the way it moved under them but they actually all did fairly well on it.
I took a video of the last ride, which was the winning ride. Check out the most difficult obstacle; she did it in reverse order form the rest of the riders, which was a smart move; most riders did the tetter-totter, then the water obstacle and the narrow bridge. Kateri did the narrow bridge first which was smart, because most of the horses with wet feet slipped off the narrow bridge.
* It was a lot of fun to watch, and she was so cute when she realized she had won!

That's her brother, he competed too- his horse slipped and went down galloping around a corner, but they were both fine and continued on.

I guess he really did cowboy up!

Later on we went to watch the Chuckwagon Races, and I will save that post for tomorrow.
* It was a lot of fun to watch, and she was so cute when she realized she had won!
That's her brother, he competed too- his horse slipped and went down galloping around a corner, but they were both fine and continued on.
I guess he really did cowboy up!
Later on we went to watch the Chuckwagon Races, and I will save that post for tomorrow.
12 comments:
Wow!! The challenge was a ton of fun to watch, thanks for taking & sharing the video! The photo of the couple together is priceless and speaks volumes!
Aurora- just found out it's her brother, not her husband, so I corrected my post.
Cool video. Love watching those challenges. I lovecowboy mounted shooting, good friend in Arizona is very involved. She also trains horses for CMS. She was the first woman president of CMSA for Arizona. Never know when she'll show up at a shoot. Her name is Diana Olson. First time she went to CMSA Worlds in Las Vegas, a bunch of us met her there. Had a blast! Literally! LOL
Sounds like a fun day! I tried to talk Neil into going but he wanted to get haying so never made it. Looks like a good day and even better get to spend it with family from far away.
Wow! That was fun to watch!
Thanks for letting me know. It's still an awesome photo, nothing like a little sibling rivalry! You captured such great expression/interaction between the two. Enjoyed this post & video so much, I shared the link with my hubby :)
Awesome pics and video!That gal and her horse were fantastic! looking forward to the Dan James video, I really enjoyed the clinic I took with him and would be all over taking another, I do have his videos (a couple of them ) and as soon as I have time (I wish)I want to go through them
kateri was cute. that was a great little video :)
Looks to me like it was a GREAT time to be had by all!!
Really enjoyed that cowboy up stuff!! MAYBE.............One day!!
OH WOW! Loved that Cowboy up challenge, that horse was amazing as was the girl. That looked like so much fun.
Fun times..:-)
Post a Comment