That's a substantial gap, and here is why:
Yesterday's ride went really well; started out leading through the Formerly Scary Areas, got in the pen and mounted up (she stood still, yay!) and the focus of the work after review was on trot work. We are getting nice lateral work going forward at the trot, and nice changes of tempo. She did get a little sticky when I asked for more sideways reach, so we went back to the walk and worked on the sidepass. I find that she loves praise and every time I praised her for getting it right, she tried a little more the next time. Good girl! I had left the gate open, it's a narrow 4 ft. gate, so when it was time to head out into the yard, we rode through it. I thought she might scoot through such a confined space, but she didn't, just walked calmly through. We cruised through the yard, and I really wanted to go down the road, but the traffic was horrendous- they were doing the sturgeon release at the end of the road which is a boat launch area, and there were non stop cars going by. So I called it a day, and was happy with our progress.
9 comments:
Just a note to say that you have had many gorgeous photos on your site, but the current header is STUNNING. I just love it!
Thanks! Delia is so photogenic!
I don't know what it is about praise, but they do love it. By concentrating on praising, I think it makes me more in tune with what they're doing right, too. It sounds like she's coming along awesome.
Nice saddle! :)
Cheri
Progress is a good thing! And yes, That header would look great on canvas. I do a lot of those.
She sounds a good stamp of a horse. Looks like you need to buy a new saddle!
I'll be letting you know how happy i am when I get to ride her!
Looks green there and you have some dandys too! Sounds like you are coming along, I hope your saddle fit kit comes soon..or you will have to ride bareback! :)
the saddle pics are a very helpful illustration for fit. Thanks!
Post a Comment