I saddled up Delia, and decided to step it up a bit- limited the review work to a couple of minutes and didn't go into the training pen, just stepped on in the yard, did a couple of pre-trip checks to see where she was at, and headed down the road and into the hayfields that I rode through on Beamer the other day.
She was awesome.
My focus was to make this an enjoyable ride for both of us, and to see how she reacts to different things. She's pretty sensible and other than a few trot steps that were unasked for, she didn't put a foot wrong.
She trucked right along, looking at everything....
About 7 PM the wind started howling here, coming from the east. It went on until dark- I looked out the window when it started to check on the horses, and there was Beamer, standing head on to the wind, when he could have been in one of his 2 shelters, silly boy! He did go in after a bit.
This morning I surveyed the yard for damage, all of which was minor except for this:
Good thing those chutes were built solid or this granary would have been about a half mile away!
No other damage, other than a bit to some of my plants when a little decorative lighthouse got slammed into one of my oak barrel planters, and pails and chairs scattered around. The horses have good shelter on all sides except the mares when the wind is from due south.
Nice and calm today- time to ride on!
6 comments:
Wow ride on is good advice. I am glad it was not any worse. Hug B
Wow, nasty winds!
Yep, ride on!
I went for a nice leisurely ride last night. It was relaxing! Lol! Relaxing, when I spend most days in the saddle chasing cows! Ha!
Cheri
Was the grain bin empty? Thats one big wind. Beamer was probably getting some great smells on the wind. :-)
Yes, it was empty Ed, and not properly anchored to its base.
Gee she's really walking out there and it looks like she is enjoying herself! It's always better to have a trail partner how enjoys the trail. :)
Good thing you didn't have to chase it for a mile and a half ;) Looks like the ride was still nice, even if it wasn't a long one.
Post a Comment