Saturday, January 2, 2016

A visit from the minions

Over the week between Christmas and New Year's, my 3 nieces (The Minions) visited for a couple of days. They were excited to meet and ride Clancy, and of course their favourite, Beamer.

 I haven't ridden Clancy bareback, although Shayla did, once, but the girls were happy to climb on and get led around on her. She actually stood pretty good for them in their awkward scrambles to get on board.
Such a good girl Clancy!
The next day I saddled her, and the girls rode her in the round pen (on a long line). The 2 older girls wanted to trot and were happy to find that Clancy's trot is much smoother than Beamer's.
This is the youngest- just walking was fine with her!
This is the oldest one, she just wanted to keep trotting! I plan on giving her lessons on Clancy and hope they get on well enough that she can show her in the little local shows this summer.

Beamer got his minion time too!

They all 3 rode him and he lapped up the attention.


Reba also benefited from some special attention. Poor old dog, her hind end is giving out on her. I have to help her up the stairs to the deck most days, and she has trouble getting up if she lays on the laminate floor, can't get enough traction to push herself up so I have a blanket spread on the living room floor - and everywhere else she hangs out- for her. Sometimes I have to pick her up and hold her while she gets her feet under her. Hope she makes it through the winter.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Minions are always good for horses. The Bossman had a horse that only he could ride..until the minions (who didn't know any better) took a turn. I hope your old dog doesn't have to be a hurting hound......good thoughts!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Poor Reba we can identify...Chance has a hard time with up and down too and jumping in the car. Your minions are sure cute and how wonderful to pass on your love of riding:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had a ton of fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you still using mom's wood stove? Is it a cook stove? Can't remember if mom said it was or not?

Anonymous said...

Linda, it is wonderful that Shirley passes on her knowledge of riding. She taught me, and our younger sister to ride many moons ago, and even think she taught my daughter how to ride. Isn't it great? :)

Crystal said...

Poor Reba, its tough getting old. Looks like both the minions and the horses enjoyed the visit.