Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Mo' better

Yesterday, I figured I would turn Clancy out in the round pen, if she wanted to roll or run around, she could do it on her own time. So.... guess what.... she just stood there. Sigh.
Ok Miss Clancy. I guess if you don't want to play, we'll see what you want to do.
I thought I'd send her around, but all she wanted to do was be with me. **Grin.**
That's not to say she wouldn't still leave me stranded if she got loose, but it's a step in the right direction.
Speaking of direction- there is a Cowboy Dressage instructor just about an hour and a half south of us, in Idaho, and she is holding a couple of clinics this spring. I definitely want to audit the first one and really wish I could afford to ride in the Jon Ensign one- but not with the way our dollar  is at right now.
This should give me a good understanding of the concept and the way the court is set up. THen there is this one:
This is more along the lines of the Buck Brannaman clinics and I would love to ride Clancy in this one.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, there's a lot going on in Sagle. Depending on how our spring goes, I might like to audit one of them, too.

Shirley said...

That would be awesome to meet you!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

I really want to try Western Dressage. I saw that last year they started doing a bit of it in my area, but I didn't get to any of the clinics or shows. This year it's definitely on my 'must do' list. I think it would be a lot of fun. :-)

Linda said...

I've been wanting to try it and they have lessons once a week in Rolling Hills. I might audit a couple and see.

Anonymous said...

Consider it done, sis. I love you!!!!

Crystal said...

All looks good. Specially with Clancy hangin near you that's perfect :)
And those clinics look cool too, id like to go to some too but not in April or may though :(