I had Tess with me for company for Thea. After I got Thea and put her in the crate for the trip home, I caught Tess giving her the stink eye and the Elvis lip- can't have that! Tess is a tad bit jealous.
Thea was pretty good on the trip home; over 4 hours and she slept most of the way. Once home, I put a string on her so I could keep her out of the horse pens. I just tie it to my belt and carry on. Thea did really well, followed me with only a few times coming to the end of the string. She comes when I call her, and her safe spot is pretty much right underfoot.
I put her in the Canine Hilton while I unloaded the minerals I got at UFA, and she carried on a bit about that, but as soon as I put a bunch of shavings in there she quieted down. Linda said she is used to shavings from where she was raised, so it made an unfamiliar place smell more familiar.
She wanted to check out Beamer, and when he put his head down by her and snorted at her, she just did the border collie drop and stare- perfect!
Please ignore the mud, I will be pushing it up with the tractor tomorrow- if it isn't raining again.
Thumper had to inspect.
Reba sniffed her a couple of times and then went about her usual routine of keeping an eye on the horses. Poor old Reba, she is fading fast. But as long as her spirits are good and she has an appetite, we will keep on assisting her in her old age.
After her long day of travel and an hour out exploring here, she was tuckered out.
This pup has the exact personality I was looking for- not rambunctious, wants to be with me, is biddable, and has good working instincts.
9 comments:
She sure is a sweet little pup! :)
Perfect! That must have been a really nice litter of pups!
She's beautiful....looks like you got what you were after. I'm sure glad I can't have another one.....cause this one has kicked in that urge....as cute as all puppies are there is just something special about Borders....think maybe I'm a bit biased.
She is a beauty and it will be fun to see her grow up! Poor old Reba, but this pup may cheer her up and keep her active. Chance is really feeling his age lately:( Hard to see them get old:)
She's a doll. It is amazing that her instincts to drop around horses are already there. She'll be a great companion.
Look at that little sift puppy ears! she sure is adorable!
oops!! soft! my bad!
She is so cute, I wish I coulda met her but maybe next time, was good to see you even if it was short.
Post a Comment