Monday, October 31, 2016

We made it!

Finally, we got all moved in. That, however, does not mean organized! Stuff is still piled up while we await the completion of the flooring and baseboards. But at least the worst of the move is over. We had a lot of help for which Ted and I are very, very grateful.

The horses have settled in quite well, they are loving the extra room and the pasture. We still have to work on setting up a shelter for them, but our needs had to come first for the last week. They'll just have to suck it up a bit until we can get at it.

Beamer has been suffering from an abscess for the last month, and it finally blew out, at the tip of his frog. He's all diaper and duct tape bandaged now to keep it clean and is getting around much better.

Loretta has gained weight and I discovered that she has a fair burst of speed, not surprising with the breeding on her bottom side (her dam was a granddaughter of Dash For Cash).

Rosalee is pretty happy too, she often instigates the wind sprints that sets all the horses running, and what I'm finding with her is that she has an exceptional power take off. She digs that big butt of hers in and off in a flash she goes! With her athletic ability I should be able to do just about any event on her. We will see where next year takes us.


The dogs are happy here too, and little miss Thea thinks it's her job to keep the horses in line, although they are often keeping her in line.


5 comments:

C-ingspots said...

What a relief! Now the part I enjoy comes, organizing and putting everything where you like it. For me, that's the fun stuff. Hope you enjoy your new home. The horses are all looking really good, and glad to hear Beamer's abscess blew. Poor guy!
Border collies are always so intent. Our Charlotte acts like that around our horses too. Do you think our little Lab/Pit cross mutt thinks she's a border collie? :)

Linda said...

I don't envy you having to move, but there is something kind of fun about it! I'm glad you got your herd settled before winter!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Yay for getting moved. Settling in always takes time, but it sounds like everyone is going to enjoy this new place.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good for you, I am glad you are moved! Miss Thea is pretty cute...she listens to you so well too! :) Nice view from your new place:)

aurora said...

Home Sweet Home!!! Nice pics of your beautiful horses, no doubt they are happy to have more room. Before you know it, you'll be settled in and able to enjoy everything your new homestead has to offer!