My lovely mare turned 7 today.
I was paid up for another ride at the arena, so that's where we headed. I longed her for about 20 minutes and man, it was hot and dusty and I worked up a thirst trying to get her to lope! But she finally did. She has a little twisting thing she does with her front end when she first lopes, kind of a protest but after that she's good. After some good loping and roll backs into a lope going both ways, I stepped on and rode- and had a really nice ride. I worked on keeping her up in the bridle at the trot- she kept wanting to carry her head too low- and we had some nice slow loping circles. Oh how I love her smooth lope!
To finish up the ride, we played with the obstacles again. I think I'm going to have to set up something here- a bridge, some trot poles, a zig zag for backing through, and whatever else I can dream up.
3 comments:
Glad you had such a nice ride!!
She's such a pretty girl. Sounds like she's doing really well.
Yay a good ride. Its a tough thing to ride away from home where all her friends are. But im sure you will get there.
Sure is pretty along the river there, and what a good Beamer boy :)
Post a Comment