This evening she alerted to something in the bush and they all went floating over to the fence with tails up and big snorts.
After they went back to eating, Rosalee kept checking in the direction they alerted to- I couldn't see anything so I figured it was just some deer.
The youngsters are doing really well. Every day I catch them and lead them into the barn, and they stand tied while they eat and I go do other stuff like getting the hay ready or scooping poop in the shelters.
It won't be long now until Pistol heads out to his new home. I'll miss him, but it will give me more time to work one on one with Mesa as I kinda put her on the back burner to make sure Pistol is the best he can be before he leaves.
Finally got my barn aisle cleaned out too! This weekend we are supposed to finally close in the south side of the mare shelter so I can get rid of that ratty blue tarp. It does make a nice backdrop for photos though!
My tree is up, some Christmas decor happening, but not much else Christmassy going on. We aren't doing much shopping - tight budget this year- which is fine by me because then I don't have to deal with crowded stores. Mostly home made stuff going out this year 😊 .
Hope you all enjoy this last week before Christmas, I hope to get some good photos for my annual Christmas photo card- I don't mail cards out anymore.
5 comments:
Great to see horses playing again!
I see even Rosalee got into the action! I bet Mesa will miss Pistol too. Like your wheel decoration. I need to get some of our more simple indoor decor up this weekend, before our family get together. No Christmas village this year :( I used to enjoy it and go full out, but my shoulder makes it too painful. Guess I'm just not into it this year. I don't have a photo for my Christmas Card either, and still mail them out. Or did, ha ha! Looking forward to seeing what you create for your annual card!! You've got lots to choose from, with all your great photos!
Love seeing the photos of the horses and the videos!
AHA! your post just gave me a clue about what to do for one of the boarder horses. She is a 9 year old mustang, who ran wild until a year ago. The owner can catch her, but I cannot. Usually I just leave it for her owner to do, but sometimes that is inconvenient. We need to start doing the "catch and tie to eat" routine every day. That would go a long ways towards making her a little more amiable.
Thanks!!
Oh my!! You should call this "Dancing Through the Snow!" How happy they are!!
Post a Comment