However, he is a sweet heart most of the time. He is really easy to catch, loves his skritches and getting brushed, leads reasonably well but there is room for improvement there.
He is slow in adapting to eating his foal kibble. He though I was crazy the first time I offered him the Step 1. Not food! apparently. So I tricked him a bit by adding alfalfa pellets, which smells much more like food, and had to offer it by hand and slowly work him up to eating it out of the pan. He's a funny boy; I tried him this morning on less pellets mixed in and he was having none of that!!!
He is starting to show his true colour now. He's going to look just like his big brothers!
He moves like Rio, thinks like Kai, and has Nitro's funky crooked face stripe. Speed isn't his thing although he has plenty of it and uses it when he needs it, he just doesn't zoom like Booncat does and like Nitro did.
When Booncat gets zooming at turnout time, Eli gets in on it too- with lots of tail flagging and looking cute at first .

That booty!

Photo bombed by Tay... who is going to have puppies in 3 weeks!
This is a really nice colt . So happy that he has found his person!
6 comments:
Twice the playful fun to watch!! Eli is a cutie, will be fun to watch him grow!
Awww, they’re both so handsome. Good movers. Eli sure has grown and booncat is very filled out, too.
puppies! yay!
He's a cutie for sure!
He is so handsome! Sounds like he is a good mix of his brothers! Tay is having puppies yeah!! So happy for you!!
He is gorgeous! Makes me think I need to take Andee on a road trip before you close your stud book
Post a Comment