Sometimes the mountain is very moody. I had fun with this photo on Facebook, can you see the Scotty dog?
And sometimes the mountain is just gorgeous.

The poplar trees are sending up their sticky buds and the willow tree canes are turning yellow. We have turned the corner and the earth is starting to prepare for spring.
And with warmer weather, the snow is melting and we have...
Mud.
Which of course, certain light colored horses love to wear like makeup.

Drifter has been getting his standing tied lessons, and of course he is as good as gold. Even when Thumper invades his personal space.

That nylon halter is stretch proof!
I got one more ride in on Gussie so far for January, we went through the woods looking at all the animal tracks.

Plenty of game trails! I had her in a Billy Allen snaffle for this ride, and decided to end the ride with some round pen work. She kept wanting to lean on the bit, and to drop her shoulder on the right circle, so she will be getting more schooling rides to work on that.
Riding day 5
6 comments:
statistically speaking do your light/whiter horses engage in more mudplay or is that just chacne...that i've been "chanced by" all these 20 yers.
trying to not be biased...*shrug*
No.... the other horses are muddy too but it doesn't show as much. Drifter does spend more time lying down to sleep than the older mares do.
The mountains are beautiful!
Your mountains are beautiful in any weather! Thumper is so cute swatting at Drifter!
I love winter, but on same token, I REALLY want spring!!! Even been eyeball shopping for spring flowers for my theme this year, which is red, purple, and yellow, and a bit of green. A nice balance to color for this year for flowers. My Saint for this year is Saint Dymphna.
Took me a good second look (had to back up) to see the Scotty in the mountain. I am pretty sure it is Drifter who is invading Thumpers hitching post, ha ha - just ask him! Gotta love cats.
Post a Comment