Monday, February 10, 2020

Mary

Those of you who follow me on Facebook will know, for the rest of you, I am sad to say that the reason I haven't been posting much lately is that we have had a death in our family. My sister Mary passed away after a couple of months of illness and bouts of hospitalisation. Some of you may remember her from my posts; she loved to visit my horses. Here are some photos from the first time she met Beamer.



Mary had rubella as an infant and it left her permanently unable to speak or fend for herself.  As I spent time with her in her last days I was overwhelmed by how much love surrounded her; from her care workers, friends and family, even the nursing staff at the hospital. Mary was a gentle soul who touched the hearts of many people.

Four sisters 

I will get back to posting after the funeral

9 comments:

Dom said...

So incredibly sorry to read this. My thoughts are with you and your family during this heartbreaking time.

Far Side of Fifty said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Shirley. I know it must be a really hard time for you. May your good memories and faith in God's everlasting love comfort you.

Unknown said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

aurora said...

So sorry to hear of your sister Mary's passing. Allow yourself time needed to reflect. Sending {hugs}

WendyFromNY said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear sister, my most sincere condolences to you and your family. xox

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oh Shirley... {{{hug}}}

lytha said...

The photos break my heart. I cannot stop. How he knew to help her. *crying*

Newsed6 said...

So very sorry! Hugs to you and your family. The passing of a family member is so difficult.

Kurious Kim said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Shirley. I really appreciate you sharing the pictures of Mary and telling her story. It sounds like she gave love and got it back in spades. Virtual hug coming your way...