The farrier came out yesterday to trim all 3 horses. I am happy to report that Sophie was really good for him (as were Beamer and Jayne). I wasn't sure what to expect with her, but she was true to form and was a good girl.
He also checked out the lump on her right front leg and figures it is scar tissue, as it is moveable and not attached to the bone; likely from an injury that had proud flesh that wasn't treated.
I have been looking at her and wondering if she is indeed in foal. Although she came into a full 8 day heat when I first got her, I have had a mare that did that when she was in foal, and 5 months later she had her foal. So this may have just been a hormonal response to Mr. Handsome's welcoming hollers 😁
She can't be getting fat on this hay, it's hay from the spring of 2020; I still have a bale of it left before we start on the 2021 hay I bought last summer. It's 1st cut mixed grass and quite stemmy as you can see. But that may just be her typical physique, we shall see as spring comes if she gets any bigger. I hope she isn't in foal, as I want to ride her as much as possible this year. Still waiting for that ice to go away!
As we approach February it will be hard to avoid the February blahs. I'm sure anticipating spring with all it's promise.
As a side note and unrelated to this blog, I have to say am very proud of our Canadian truckers and the support they are getting worldwide to call our government into account for their destructive (financially, emotionally, physically and socially) measures. If you don't know what I am talking about, visit the Facebook page Convoy To Ottawa 2022- before Facebook takes it down.
10 comments:
Beautiful photos! I would want to know if Sophie is pregnant sooner than later. Glad she was a good girl for your farrier.
I am not active/on Facebook, but think all truckers should be commended and respected for the important work they do.
Thanks for the tip on the page to follow. It is rather hard to find information on the convoy down here in the states.
I enjoyed the "moodiness" of the Olympic mountains so much this month. Your mountains are just as moody!
Oh my, that would be a surprise if there was a baby!
I donated money to that convoy. Imagine expecting them to wear a mask in their cabs. Crazy. And though I’m vaccinated, I’m vehemently opposed to forcing others to be.
Sophie does look pretty fat. That would be crazy if she’s pregnant.
the site that people are using to donate to the truckers has put the funds on hold. so might want to hold off on donating anymore money because the truckers aren't going to receive it until the site has verification of who will distribute the money.
I have heard of the Truckers up there. Food and Gas keep going up down here...who knows when it will stop. Saw some empty shelves today. When you get the blahs just look at the beautiful mountains:)
M- the Go Fund Me mess has been cleared up.
Far Side- I love to look at the mountains- but often we can't see them for fog and cloud! Hence the blahs.
👌good to hear
I got to watch and cheer on the convoy go through the Hat on Monday. Some of our neighbours had trucks in it. It was so great to see the hope on peoples faces again.
Post a Comment