I picked up 2 of my saddles that I had in for repairs. My newer riding saddle, I had asked for the hole where the latigo attaches to be enlarged so that I could more easily feed the latigo through, and to turn the stirrups so that they hang perpendicular to the horse.
I also picked up my saddle with the broken tree. I tried to find the photo I took of the breaks at the back end of the bars, but it's no longer available on my blog and I didn't save it to my computer. The breaks were right where the conchos were screwed into the tree behind the cantle. My repair guy built a whole new tail piece out of fiberglass and attached it to the tree with pins. It's probably stronger than the original tree at that point!
Both sides
I gotta say, it feels good to have a couple of saddles back in use!
Now I need to buy a decent set of stirrups for my little saddle (on the top) . The good ones I used to have on it were on my Wade saddle when I sold it. I was looking at prices....😮 90 bucks for a standard pair of wooden stirrups and over 400 for a name brand pair!
Today I will try the little saddle on Sophie, I think it will fit as far as the gullet and hand hold area goes but the bars may have too steep of an angle for her rather flat back. She does have a good wither so clearance there will have to be considered too. Fortunately my newer saddle fits her perfectly.
2 comments:
You made wise upgrades! You are really getting ready to hit the trails.
What a difference turned stirrups make. My knees & ankles instantly ache if I ride in a saddle without turned stirrups.
You are getting ready to ride! Hope you are getting a melt up there!
Post a Comment