Friday, August 5, 2022

Those wide open spaces

 I missed Alberta. As much as I  love  my home province of BC , I  do love Alberta. Maybe not so much the weather here....


We had a storm come through  complete with tornado warning the first day we were here! All we got was 5 minutes of hail some of which was quite large, but no damage done. 
Beamer has settled in, he can see some horses across the river to holler at, and we are planning to bring the mares this weekend. 


Our  hay is getting delivered today (yay) and we have other essential  things lined up to do over the next few days, so in another week it should be all about getting to know this farm and all we need to do here to make things flow smoothly for chores and do some fencing. 
Ted took the tractor ( that comes with the place! 😁) and pushed those offending boards that were  buried under the grass into a pile for later disposal. 

It's  awesome that we have the use of a big tractor!  Because this winter it will be used for plowing that looooong driveway. 


Relaxing with a glass of Malbec after a hectic day of organizing stuff

Here's  the video of the rest of the farm:


We have plenty of feral cats here, who get fed outside  with food the landlady supplies for us.  I was  exploring  the top of the barn and came across what looks like about a 3 month old kitten . Lots of pigeon poop and feathers there too . 


Plenty of deer here too. No gardens for them to get into so I  will have to  make an enclosed area when I  do build my garden beds. 


We get our internet on the 18th so I  should  be able to get back to reading and commenting  on all the blogs! 😊

8 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a cute kitten! Looks like a pretty place! I hope you like it there Shirley:)

TeresaA said...

It looks like the perfect set up.

luvmyhrs said...

It looks perfect and comfy Shirley!! set up and ready to go!

Linda said...

Beautiful piece of earth there! It looks like you have lots of green grass for the horses. I'm sure Beamer will be happy to have company soon.

threecollie said...

Lovely spot! Beamer looks happy.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Lovely farm!

M said...

are you looking after the lil kitty poo? 💜

aurora said...

Nice place. I hope the hands on landlady will appreciate the conscientious caretakers (you & Ted) will be of this homestead. Enjoy discovering the nuances of a new home. Looks like a lot of wonder-full-ness!!