Thursday, June 1, 2023

Mr. Handsome

 I closed off a new grass pen for Beamer. It is close to the mares but not over the fence from them. Of course, when I turned him out in it today for the first time I made sure I had my good camera at the ready. Enjoy the photo shoot!


Age and arthritis haven't slowed him down at all!


                                                    Yes I know he needs his feet trimmed.

He can still strut his stuff! The girls are checking him out. 

Oh those smells!

Always handsome







Although he looks thin in that photo, he really isn't, as you can see in the next photo. 

He lost his winter fat over the last month with his breeding duties using a lot of his energy. One more mare coming in for breeding and then he should be done as long as all of them caught. 

Did you say another mare for me?

I built him a cowboy curtain to keep the pigeons from flying in there now that we closed off their access to the upper part of his barn. Messy creatures. The barn swallows still fly in to their nests which is fine. But 10 pigeons were not fine!

He was very helpful.

When the flies get to bothering him, he stands in the barn and sticks his head out the curtain so he can see what's going on but not be bothered by the flies. Smart boy. I thought he was going to trash it, but apparently he likes it!

I love this horse so much. He makes me happy just being around him. Being able to see him out my kitchen window is a great way to start my mornings. He is the gentlest, kindest stallion I could ever have hoped for. I sure hope I get one final filly off him. But if I get two I will be doubly happy!

9 comments:

M said...

such magnificence!😊

Linda said...

He is gorgeous. I’ll have to save these photos of Tumbleweed’s handsome daddy. He makes beautiful babies. 😍

Shirley said...

Linda, he does! Your Tweed is one handsome boy!

TeresaA said...

He really is a nice looking horse.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Mr Handsome...he sure is that! You have been blessed with him for so many years!! I wonder how he will like retirement? He still has moves!

aurora said...

Awesome photos!! Great angle and bokeh on the smell shot. The cowboy curtain pic is too cute. He is really enjoying the new place. Such a loved handsome guy!

threecollie said...

So fancy!

Val Ewing said...

He is so incredibly handsome! Wow what a pleasure to look at.

thecrazysheeplady said...

He definitely is the most handsome :-)