We got a dump of heavy wet snow- maybe it will stick around for Christmas!
There's always something to see- like cat tracks amongst stripey shadows....
and coyote tracks going through Belle's pen right where I feed her....
and sun stars....
and barn cats who can't decide if I am friend or foe...
and mama Belle looking good- although this damp cold weather isn't helping her arthritis one bit.
Ruby and I went for a walk to check out the river. It's finally frozen all over. That halter though- it's the one that came with her and I am giving it to Shayla for some of her draft cross horses. I have one that will fit her better, or maybe make a new one just for her.
Then there's this guy...
Yep Humphrey is back! Cleaning up the bird seed. I would love to be able to get a good photo of him but if I go outside he hides. So through the living room window it is!
So- are all your ducks in a row for Christmas? Mine are!








4 comments:
porcupines scare the heck out of me! They have tagged our dogs and sent us to the vet too many times. The dogs always learn after the first big hit, but it seems they have to learn the hard way. We have our daughter and her dog here now, and I know it's just a matter of time before she gets one.
I hope you keep your snow. Doesn't look like we will be getting any.
Linda- this fellow is quite shy. The only "dogs" around here are the coyotes- and I'm declaring war on them. I don't think Belle would be able to fight them off if they attacked her. Our sand pit at the other side of the quarter section has 6 dens. We have a local hunter who is setting up there, hope he can decrease the population.
I haven't seen a porcupine in ages. Neat that you can see one.
I would worry about my dog but you don't have any.
The coyote population here is large too. Their hunting season is just around the corner. They are one of the toughest animals to hunt. I've done it with limited success.
My 'ducks' are sort of in a row for Christmas. I have folks that may show up at the last second...sigh.
Those ducks are adorable!
You have snow so it will be a white Christmas! May you and Ted have a happy, blessed Christmas:)
Post a Comment