Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Fun in the sun

 The morning sun, that is. It was a brisk -10 C this morning, but the morning light was so inviting I had to get one of my big girl cameras out for chore time. I had a bit of fun taking unusual horse photos; what I call bits and pieces photos. When I first went out, the sky was all pink and purple....

but by the time I was done feeding cats and horses, it went orange and gold. 

Velvet is  the most photogenic (apart from Beamer!) because the light captures her red and gold so beautifully. Ruby, alas, would barely lift her head from the hay pile, so  Velvet photos it is!



I am totally smitten with her mane! I have never had any other horse whose mane splits to both sides and hangs below her neck. And doesn't need a lot of brushing to keep it nice!


Mama Belle in the shadows looks completely different than in the bright light:


Well, I did manage one photo of Beamer, but sadly the focus isn't very good- but the expression is priceless!

Please don't tell me you want me to stop eating for photos!

7 comments:

M said...

awww look at beamer! kewt! πŸ’œπŸ˜Š

Linda said...

Oh, you got some glorious photos! That mane! Wow. And I couldn’t see Mama Belle at first. A little surprise when you look harder. The Sun through fence and trees. Beautiful captures. Beamer. πŸ˜‚

TeresaA said...

Beamer’s expression is like mine in the morning. Lol

M said...

lol Teresa! 😁

Far Side of Fifty said...

:) Beamer makes me smile! Yes that mane is so pretty, since it is quite long it is good it is easy to maintain:)

aurora said...

Nothing like being inspired by the beauty that surrounds you. You captured it well!

Val Ewing said...

Beamer's expression is priceless.

The sunrise views you have are amazing and I love the colors on the red coats. My red mules glow in the evening summer sun and sunrises too!