Theo turned 3 months on the 20th, I wanted to do a really good photo shoot but it has been so darn hot I can't take much time outdoors. I did get a few photos though.
Those orange ear tufts!
Not much baby hair left on him. The weeds he's loping through are wild mustard, all the old corrals here are infested with it. We will, at some point, be spraying with Grazon.
Plenty of muscle in that hind end!
Straight legs
We have news.
News? What news?
I put an ad on the Facebook page Horses in Alberta, and got a response from a man in B.C.
Here is the text from my ad, which included most of these photos:
This black colt sure is a looker. He is available when weaned in a month. Registered AQHA. Preference will be given to a ranch, rope or performance home. May as well ride a pretty one!PM for more info. Located just south of Benalto.
After many messages, we made a deal and Theo will go to Vancouver Island at the end of August. Funny thing is, his only complaint was that his head was too pretty! The plan is for Theo to replace his 22 year old heel horse. While this guy is a team roper, he also has an equestrian center for hunter jumpers and western riding and has clients that show. Check out his page if you wish. Arrowsmith Equestrian
I'm going to miss his spunky li'l self, but it I am glad he will go where he will get used and he will also have a little girl to love up on him ,and eventually become a mount for her. (The warmbloods are too big!)
4 comments:
Wow, he sure is a looker! I always wanted a horse exactly like him! But of course not now. I'm just hanging out with my older mules and enjoying them.
Handsome, athletic, and built! What more could you ask for?
What a great home for Theo!! It will be exciting to watch him grow up!
Of all your foals over the years this one is so handsome! (Like his Dad) Looks like he found a good home!
I always love pictures of horses running in a herd together, its really majestic, and a testament to the wonderful life God has created on Earth for us.
Post a Comment