Thursday, October 17, 2024

In case you were wondering



 I didn't mean to get y'all worried with my prolonged absence here, but things just piled up in a hurry. 

I will do a separate post on Gemma's journey from being an untouchable to being a darn near pocket pony, as it will be a fairly lengthy one.


Suffice to say, I am well pleased with the progress she made. 

Meanwhile, I went from having a cold to having full blown pneumonia and needing hospitalization.


My first ambulance ride since I broke my wrist 20 years ago

 It's amazing how quickly pneumonia can take you down., I will spare you all the details, except that it will be a fairly slow recovery with weekly check ups. So no major projects for me for the next couple of months. I just got released from a 4 day stay, most of which was spent in the emergency ward; I got an actual room at 11:45 pm last night and got released today around 2:30 pm. Oh how welcome it was to breathe fresh air and feel the sun on my face!


15 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh no sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. Be good to yourself so you have a complete recovery. My nephew had pneumonia a week ago and is still recovering he has been real tired. Prayers for you Shirley!

TeresaA said...

Pneumonia is no joke. I am glad you are on the mend.

aurora said...

I was wondering, altho you mentioned being busy. Truly sorry to hear of your scary hospitalization!! It sure makes a person appreciate ones healthier days.

Take good care of yourself and whatever time needed to fully recover <3

M said...

pneumonia is hard to recover from. i've had it months a few years ago, i also had my lung collapse two different times. its horrible. wishing you a speedy recovery. take time, and rest.

Linda said...

I was worried when I didn’t see you posting or commenting. Then I went to Facebook and saw you had posted, so I figured you were busy with the babies. I should have trusted my first instincts. That is scary!

Shirley said...

Me too, it has been a rough ride

Shirley said...

It was a wake up call for sure. Taking it easy is the hard part for me.

Shirley said...

Thanks Sis, i appreciate all the help

Shirley said...

Facebook didnt require burning any brain cells....

Linda said...

Yes, and you didn’t say much on that FB post. Your absence actually got me wondering “what if?” What would happen if you couldn’t make it back to the blog? Would Ted update us? Then I wondered about my own. Who would know to update it?

M said...

I am sure he would've :)

4RRanch said...

I had missed you. Glad you are on the road to recovery.

Shirley said...

Thanks!

threecollie said...

I hope your recovery is quick and uneventful!

Val Ewing said...

Oh my...I missed this and am so glad that you are doing better now.