Friday, December 6, 2024

At last!

 I am finally over the pneumonia and we finally got a warm day! So of course, this happened. 

Never mind giving me the stink eye!

 She must have thought she was retired from riding because she was Not Impressed when she saw the saddle. A lot of evasion techniques were employed. (Hence the churned up snow.) And yes I have had chiro work done on her to rule out physical issues and this saddle does fit her well- except that she is a bit too rotund to do up the back cinch, so I had to remove it. I think I will try for longer back billet straps as being a cheaper option than buying a longer back cinch.

I let her stand tied until she stopped fidgeting, then off we went on a pasture ride to check the fences. 


She was her usual steady self, with a few backwards glances to make sure that she knew where Velvet  was. 

Everybody exhale and say Ahhhh!

It felt soooo good to be back in the saddle again! 

On this ride I used my bosal. She did alright in it but it isn't a good fit. I may look for another one that is a bit lighter. 

6 comments:

M said...

beautiful photos!

Val Ewing said...

Oh wow. That must have felt soooo good!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ahh...for you and Gussie and the view:)

TeresaA said...

That looks like a great ride. I’m glad you feel better

Linda said...

I bet that felt wonderful!

threecollie said...

That looks like fun! Glad you got in a ride.