The new horse is a buckskin mare, who is a half sister to Drifter- same sire. I will be partners with Shayla on her, sharing the foals. Her name is Dallas and she is 10 years old as of April 1st. I picked her up today- she loaded well and hauled well.
She is well balanced, all black feet even with the white on her back feet as she has ermine spots all along the coronet band.
She squealed once with Velvet, and that was it, no drama.
I love that black nose!
For those interested in pedigrees here is her link on Allbreed.
https://www.allbreedpedigree.com/hunters+yellow+rose
We look forward to seeing what she produces for us!




12 comments:
Oooh that is exciting
err.. my apologies for thinking she was a him! but yes, her coloring sure is nice! cpngratulations!
she's pretty tall! is she as tall as Gussie?
I thought she was a he also! Hope the redheads welcome her eventually:) Will she have a foal this Spring?
Based off your tag, I thought mare. Other than that, I was completely wrong! My guess was more along an upcoming riding horse for you. I was trying to figure out who the black mare was in the photo.
Glad you had a good haul. Dallas may liven up some once she settles in. She looks smaller. Is she/was she broke to ride? Enjoy your new pretty girl!
Gorgeous! I will be excited to watch her story with you.
She is not in foal. The herd dynamics are a work in progress!
The photo from my last post was taken at the previous owner's place, hence the black horse. She was started under saddle when she was 7, but had a ligament injury above her right knee so they turned her into a broodmare.
She is beautiful! I'm also interested to see what she produces, though no doubt they'll be as gorgeous as she is.
That’s exciting, Shirley. I can’t wait to hear more about her.
Ooh, she's cute!
Post a Comment