Saturday, April 26, 2025

Dallas and Rex

 Thursday I hauled Dallas up to Shayla's. She loaded and hauled well. She was turned out into a very large pasture, and then Shayla sent Rex in.


This is his first mare of the season, so he was quite pleased!


Dallas knows all about stallions, so she made him keep a respectful distance. 

Rex: "Are you sure?"



We noticed that she didn't put the boots (hoofs?) to him so figured she is close to coming in heat. 

Rex doing Rex things


That stride though!


Dallas is shedding out to her black buckskin summer colour.

After a bit of sorting out and exploring the boundaries of the pasture, they settled down and the show was over. And then today we heard that Rex covered her already! So we were right that she was close to being in heat. 

As far as the red mare goes, I got her panel test results and she is clean on all counts, so tomorrow I will be talking to her owner and see what we come up with. If I go ahead with her, she may well be going to this stallion:




4 comments:

Linda said...

I’m a fan of live cover. Letting them run together in the pasture is perfect.

Exciting news about the new mare, and that is a gorgeous stud. I hope it all comes together for you.

TeresaA said...

The foal is going to be lovely.

Far Side of Fifty said...

what a pretty fella!

GunDiva said...

I get so excited when I see "Sak Em" in a name, as I know the horse is one from my godfather's lineage (KeSa Quarter Horses), and it tickles me pink to see them out in the world. Not to mention, he's a handsome bugger, isn't he?