The red mare who has no barn name yet was paid for today so, welcome to the herd, pretty girl!
Once her feet are trimmed (they are in awful shape) he will haul her to me and that gives me time to get her handled a bunch and teach her to load in my two horse trailer. Should be here early next week. My plan is to haul her to the stallion on the 27th so that gives me nearly 3 weeks to work with her.
I spent some time just hanging out with her today. She is pretty quiet, she stood at that hitching rail for around 3 hours without fidgeting, pulling or pawing while I visited with the rancher. Bonus points to her!
I am so looking forward to getting to know this lovely mare!
Hit me up with your name ideas.....
Looking for easy to say, one or two syllables.




18 comments:
She’s really pretty. Does she have a barn name or registered name?
She seems to have a sweet temperament, so maybe the name should reflect that. Like Cookie or Candy, Sugar …but I am horrible at naming.
She doesn't have a barn name yet, never had one. Her registered name is Gerrets Rays Pawn, and I don't want to use any part of that.
I think you named her here on your blog. Lovely!
I'm going to through out a few: Honey, Cinnamon (remember them?), Dixie, Lonnie, Stella (and hubby tossed in "Suzy")
Pawn made me think of Chessy. When I googled it I found - Chessy is Nick Parker's housekeeper and Hallie's nanny in the 1998 remake of the The Parent Trap. Chessy is a kind, loving, and caring woman.
I like Flax or Flaxen for her pretty mane and tail (not sure if the Western folks call it flaxen chestnut like we do!)
Why not call her Dawn? I know, you'll say no because Gussie is Bar Dawn Sabre. But, since the new mare has "pawn" why not substitute it with Dawn?
Because it sounds like Don, a boys name.
Cute but sounds too much like my daughter's name, Jessi
She is a pretty little thing. As far as barn names, I'm terrible at them, though I am partial to "lovely" as someone mentioned earlier.
well, how about: lacey, cinder, delta, hazel, mesa, willow, windy...
Yeah her registered name is tricky. How about: Sunny, Petunia (the name that came to mind when I saw her), Honey, Lily.
Most of the names suggested I have already used on the 60+ horses I have owned over the decades.... looking for something unique
you'll find the right barn name. it'll just come to you. 😊
She is gorgeous! I look forward to reading about your work with her. Phoenix maybe for a name? She is certainly the right color
Happy Mother's Day Shirley! Name suggestion...horse in French is Jument for female.
Just catching up ... sorry I have been absent. She is a beauty and I hope to follow your progress!
Post a Comment