We pulled a switcheroo today. I hauled Zipper back to Shayla, as she needs to do some work with him, and I brought Patsy here. Patsy is a red roan yearling who is a half sister to our Drifter stud that we sold, same sire. She is quiet and friendly like he is.
She looks like a Gussie mini-me!
She did really well on the trailer ride of an hour and 20 minutes.
She has a lot of shedding to do, all that white hair will shed off . I took a shedding curry brush to her and got a pile of hair that the wind picked up; I bet the birds will too.
She is very friendly....
I am going to have so much fun with her!
This week will also be all about putting more training on Rally. Picking up her feet and trailer loading are my short term goals with her.
Time to get back to work, pretty girl!



7 comments:
cute little mini mare! 😊
Picking up the feet, or their “weapons”, as my farrier put it, is the key to unlocking so much more. It’s a big deal when they offer their feet to us.
Patsy sure is cute!
Ooh she’s a nice looking filly.
i assume shayla is selling the mare?
Patsy is a pretty little gal! What fun you are having this summer!
If you mean Patsy, no she is not for sale.
It has been a long time since I had to work with a horse/equine to pick up their feet. The ones I still have respond to me tapping their leg and pick it up for me. I am surely spoiled now.
Hope it all goes well.
Post a Comment