Thursday, June 5, 2025

All the good news

 Today was ultrasound day for Gussie. And she is confirmed in foal to the palomino stallion! Due date is around the 1st week of May next year. 




I sure am happy that she is in foal, and no twins either. Also, she has come sound on that right hind, so she is rideable again. 

I have been making good progress with Rally; the last couple of days she has stood quietly while I run my hand down her front legs; yesterday I could pick her feet up for a few seconds and today I was able to use the hoof pick on them. Yay! I reckon tomorrow I will be able to start with the nippers to work on getting rid of all that excess hoof wall.  

I finally managed to figure out how to capture the Northern Lights with my cell phone, next time I should be able to do a better job. 



3:30 am, I almost missed them as dawn starts around 4 am. I had checked at midnight, but there was nothing. 

6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good news about Gussie! Nice photos of the Northern Lights, we were supposed to see them but it was cloudy/smoky.

Linda said...

Congratulations! How exciting! They’ll make a beautiful baby. I love the way you have something to look forward to each year like this. The babies bring so much joy and I found Cowgirl’s pregnancy to be so sweet, too. She was different when she was pregnant. Almost angelic towards us.

M said...

nice! i was awake, but didn't feel like getting up to take a photo of the aurora.

TeresaA said...

Gussie’s foal should be stellar!

Val Ewing said...

Oh the Aurora B is beautiful!
Yippe for Gussie! I bet her foal will be beautiful.

aurora said...

You captured the colorful dancing sky!! Lately we seem to be cloudy/smokey when they ramp up. Good news with Gussie!