Saturday, October 25, 2025

Scooter update

 You may remember Scooter, the colt I had in for halter breaking for Shayla, he is a son of Coyote Belle and sired by Root Beers Boots who is well known for siring top notch barrel horses and was a champion in the Working Cow Horse class. Shayla and I went to visit him as she is probably going to breed Dallas to him. He is 3 years old now and when we laid eyes on him, my jaw about dropped. He sure got the look Belle threw on her colts; big bone, big feet and that big Belle butt. And looking at his head was like looking at Rio. 


All wrapped up in buckskin, just like Belle's sire, Durable Shine, who was a direct son of the late great Shining Spark. This is a royally bred junior stallion. 
His owners have done a nice job on him, he is started, and ridden by his owner who is a lady my age (old!!!!) which speaks to his good mind and trainability. 


Shayla took a lot of nice photos with her Canon camera, I may get to share them once she finishes editing - these were just my cell photos. 

If I wasn't retiring Gussie from breeding next year, I would sure consider him. 

6 comments:

Ruth said...

A very handsome boy!

Shirley said...

Thanks! Belle was an exceptional broodmare

TeresaA said...

Ooh wow. 🤩

Linda said...

He’s amazing!

thecrazysheeplady said...

He's a looker!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Always fun to see a Belle baby, he is quite handsome:)