The last two nights have been all about those Northern Lights. We didn't get the intense reds that other places got, and the first night was a bit disappointing for seeing with the naked eye, although the cell phone camera did capture some colour.
But last night, oh my! The Aurora was there in all her glory, whipping the sky with shafts of curving light, sending up shafts of green and red, dancing among the stars, and leaving me full of gratitude and wonder at such an intense cosmic display- I even got to see one of the flaming meteorites.
My photos are nothing compared to some of the ones online, but I am posting some here as a memorial, as this was the 16th anniversary of my mom's death. I sat by her side praying as she passed all those years ago, and this seemed like a gift from God to see just a little bit of the Glory of His Creation..





10 comments:
fantastic!
Oh you have amazing photos! I hate the city lights I cannot see much of the sky and then the city lights uffda. So I enjoyed seeing your photos.
Wow!!!
Just wow. Northern lights are simply magical
Oh wow!! Absolutely awe inspiring. It does seem as if they are portal to the heavenly realm.
So beautiful! We got to watch them dance on Tuesday night. Lots of reds, and a bit of green, but nothing as extensive as yours. It's ethereal, isn't it? I was awed all evening.
So intensely beautiful! I enjoyed two nights that were pretty wild.
Love the photos! So glad you were able to enjoy the brilliant lights dancing!!
I've only seen them once, from a plane over Montana, but it was immediately clear it was a spiritual experience.
Your photographs are stunning! Love them!
Post a Comment