Wednesday, May 13, 2026

A visit and some fancy moves

 Yesterday, I hauled Gussie to Shayla's, where she will be bred to her stallion Absolute Playboy aka Simon


Simon is a very good minded and quiet stallion who has sired several successful show horses both quarter horses and paints. He should be an excellent cross on Gussie. 

While I was there I got to visit the twins, who are both thriving. They are so cute! Their mama was ok with me checking them out. 


The filly has a star and it looks like she will be grey and the colt will stay black.


Hope is the filly, you can see that she is smaller than her brother Cruiser. 

Those eyelashes! 

I also got to visit Louie, her QH colt who is sired by Simon- he is just adorable and super friendly. He will make someone a good show horse. 


Tomorrow I haul Dally for her vet appointment  so I should be able to determine when to haul her in for the rebreed on the stallion Gussie was bred to last year. I haven't had a lot of time to spend with Dally in the last week or so today she will get a good grooming, gotta have her looking good for the vet!

Tuffy and Happy got some turnout in pasture yesterday, I know Happy was pining for some fresh grass so I gave them the afternoon in the middle pasture for a few hours. 


Surprisingly enough, he didn't get too zoomy out there. But he made up for it this morning! We have a weather front coming in so it is a bit colder today. That could be why he was showing off! 




He literally floats across the ground like he is dancing- and then he lights up the after burners and zooms full speed!

The halter training is going slower than normal- every time I try, Happy quietly moves in between me and her boy, as if to say, no, not yet. I will give her a bit more time to be less possessive of him before I get serious about his halter training.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

So fun to see your horses and those Twins wow what lookers!

aurora said...

Handsome stud. Playboy lineage has an avid following. You are enjoying a busy horse-filled Spring!

Shirley said...

That name is actually a bit misleading; most of the Playboy names refer to Freckles Playboy, and this horse has completely different bloodlines

Linda said...

Tuffy sure is cute with all that chrome, and Happy seems like an excellent mama. You have some beautiful babies to play with.