Tuesday, May 5, 2026

Being patient

 Happy is still hanging in there so if your guess date has passed, feel free to comment an update on this post.

Her belly is finally v'ing up, should be soon!
Happy looks a bit thin, I reckon because she is putting everything into her foal. She is on feed 24/7 and gets a supplement every morning. 

This is Jess Too Blue,  the sire of the foal

I think the baby will be gorgeous! It should have both speed and trainability.
This stallion's pedigree has top names in the running bred quarter horses as well as going back to a couple of very famous Triple Crown winners : Seattle Slew and the mighty Secretariat. 

I have a couple of cute names picked out which I will tell after the foal is born. 


Dally has settled in well, she is now out with the old girls on pasture. She is the kind that follows me around just like Velvet does, and she is easy to be around, loves brushing and oh my she has a long thick tail that goes to the ground. 

However, she has Beamer's thin mane, darn. 

I have a spy cam on my foaling pen so this year I don't have to sleep in the barn. I have solar lights set up that have a motion sensor on them, they get bright when she walks past them and dimmer when all is still. It helps me be able to see her at night without even getting out of bed! If I see no movement and she is not visible I can shine my flashlight from the mud room in the house and see what she is up to. No more sleeping in the barn- yay!

This is the view from my camera, it does have night vision, and I can zoom right in from my phone. Very handy! But I still wake up every hour or so to check. It is hard to be patient!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Gosh, still no baby. Hmmm, I am tempted to guess every next day because so feel like the baby should have come a few days ago. But that’s not fair. So, I will guess May 7th, my grandma’s birthday, at 11:30 pm.

Shirley said...

Ok will get that down

Leslie said...

May 8 colt bay roan 10 pm

TeresaA said...

Okay! I’m going with May 9, 2 am. Chestnut filly.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That camera is great! Technology is wonderful!

aurora said...

Please put me down for Mothers Day, May 10 at 1:11am. I will keep my Bay Colt guess.

I hope for Happy's sake, and yours she releases the hostage sooner than later!

GunDiva said...

Yay for not sleeping in the barn!! I hadn't guessed previously, because I expected everyone else had better guesses.
Mother's day, May 10th at 5:10 am, sorrel colt.