Monday, July 14, 2008

Equine Massage

During breeding season, Beamer aquired a few bumps and bruises, including a splint on his left front leg, and a big knot in the muscle at the top of his hip. I have been massaging the knot and it is slowly going away. I found some useful videos on You Tube, but unfortunately couldn't download them to this blog. If my back wasn't so bad, I would do stretches and more thorough massage on him- he loves it! I do as much as I can. Do you massage your horses?

2 comments:

Callie said...

yes I do and generally they become putty in my hands and often fall asleep throughout the process, especially when you get those shoulders!

kdwhorses said...

WOW-you have been busy while I have been gone!

Yes I do massage our horses! They LOVE it! I agree with Callie mine are putty and fall asleep!

Love the new paddocks! Man that are awesome! Beamer really looks like he likes his!

Have a great Monday!!!