Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Stills

Boots and shoes- that was the challenge this week. I managed to get both in one shot.

Taking off my boots using a bootjack made of horseshoes.
Farm footwear takes a beating, and my husbands boots are sporting some John Deere green paint on them.
Makes them more en-deere-ing!
I thought of other things like brake shoes, horse boots, booting my computer (which I felt like doing literally, because I can't leave comments on Facebook and some blogs!) and getting the boot (like Belle booting Beamer!)- but I'll leave you with my version of horseshoes.

My crocs, with horse-shaped holes!

21 comments:

Gail said...

Fantastic shots! My favorite is the top one with the dog framed by the boots.

lisa said...

Ok, thats not fair, I want a pair of those crocs!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Nice boots, but I love those horsey crocs!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great pics Shirley. Your boots sure have done some living! Love the cool crocs too

BridgeEtta said...

Those crocs are fun. Who knew folks' shoes could be so interesting.

Crystal said...

Wow how in the world do you get the picture of yourself taking your boots off??

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the crocs!

Janice said...

Good shots, I'm with everyone else it's gotta be the crocs.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Very clever! I saw some running horse crocs in a catalog once and almost bought them, but I can't wear crocs 'cause they make my feet sweaty, unless I wear socks.....ad that defeats the whole purpose, right? lol!

I love that bootjack. And your custom-made boots, too. Very cool!

~Lisa

Shirley said...

Crystal- it had a lot to do with bending and having long arms!

Lori Skoog said...

Love that first shot! Where did you ever find crocs with horses on them? My shots are of crocs too.

Just caught up...you have some beautiful photos...the foals are gorgeous, that sky shot is out of this world and Beamer is his usual handsome self.

Oregon Equestrian said...

Great choices!

Shirley said...

Lori- I bought them at my local tack store. I'll find out what brand they are and do a post!

Ed said...

Well done, love the first shot..:-)

Linda said...

Great boots and I love your "shoe" boot jack!

Anonymous said...

I just love the first shot with the dog looking between the boots. and I've never had crocs but now I need to go look for a pair with horse cut outs!

Michele said...

that was a hilarious comment, en-deering:d hee hee hee hee:D if you wanna boot your putter, well i tell ya, i felt like booting my laptop a few times.. sigh..

Rising Rainbow said...

Now boots is a challenge I could have gotten into. Some great selections here.

Anonymous said...

Your crocs are totally cool and adorable! You did good with this challenge, Shirley!

Anonymous said...

The first shot is really cool :D Red hot boots! Nice :D

thecrazysheeplady said...

WHERE DID YOU GET THE HORSE CROCS??????? Gotta have!