It has been rainy here the last few days, so today I got all my indoor work done; sweep, vacuum, dust, wash floors, and do laundry. But that only took two hours, so I went out and fired up the table saw to cut up some scrap wood from the building projects , into firewood.
This is the woodshed that Ted is building; it is being sheeted in with rough cut slabs that we trimmed to fit better. Until we ran out of slabs, so we need to buy a few more to finish.
Once we finish the back wall and sides, we can start filling it up with firewood.
Rio is six months old today. He's been growing like a weed, and it's all up, up up. I have had a few people ask if his tail is going to stay that color, and checked it out. There are a lot of hairs that are silver all the way to the root:
so I think that yes. he will always have a light colored tail. He also has a good sprinkle of white hairs all over him.
This is his flank area, and his neck shows about the same amount of white. I'm thinking he takes after both of his grandmothers: his size and smokey black from Coyote Belle's dam, and the silver and white from Beamer's dam, who was a black rabicano. I think when I get Rio's color tested, I will get the test done for the silver gene.
Some lovely friends took me out for dinner tonight, and it was a wonderful turkey dinner, most wonderful because I didn't have to cook or clean up after! And a scrumptious pumpkin dessert; a square with an oatmeal base and pumpkin pie filling, topped with cream flavored with pumpkin pie spice. Yummmmm!
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving- well Canadians anyway!
After that dinner, this is how I feel!







10 comments:
I soo know the feeling , wonderful family dinner here, and I still feel like I need to rub my tummy! Gotta get that oil you were telling me about
DiGize. Works great, she says, as she reaches for the bottle.
Happy Belated thanksgiving, Shirley!
:)
Happy Thanksgiving. I could use Ted for .....well......a year or two;)))) That cat looks like it had way too much turkey.
Happy Thanksgiving! Guess what? I was born in Camrose and one of my brothers was born in Edmonton! You & I are practically related!! :-)
I'll have to admit that your title threw me a bit... then I realized that you aren't 'down here'! The pumpkin pie sounds especially yummy! I tried making a pumpkin cheesecake with a dense carrot cake 'crust' one year - if I added cream flavored with pumpkin pie spice I bet it would be 'over the top' delicious!
Have a good week!
lol pearl! :D hee hee!
omg cutest kitties!!! :)
Wow. The "Palace" of all woodsheds I say! Rio is just a gorgeous boy... dare I say he will be a bit flashier than his father - whom I think is stunning. (love your kitties ... oh that's the dog, too. Ha ha. He looks wiped out ... I guess to much playing exhausted the pair?
Love the woodshed! We'll be building one, too, because I want a wood burning stove and I'm going to get one. ;)
Post a Comment