Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trimming and training

I had all the horses trimmed on Tuesday, and I must say I'm pretty proud of Rio. Not only was he quiet for the farrier, he stood tied for two hours.
I had all the mares tied too so he had company, which helped. I took a video while Rio was being trimmed. There is a spot in the video where I had to let the camera dangle from it's strap when he leaned on Scot and we had to correct him, but once again, I was complimented on the good nature of this colt.

There were no problems with the feet on any of the horses, no thrush either. Yay! Also, I measured Rio and he now stands 13 hands and 3/4 of an inch- nearly 13.1-so he is on track for the 15.1 that I guesstimated him at.
Today is a big day for Sammi and Janice's dog Kali. I'm taking Sammi up to leave her for a week with the lady who owns Kali's dad and granddad- Sammi will get assessed on sheep for the week, and Kali will get introduced to sheep today. Can you say, photo-op?
After that, my sister is taking me to the Terri Clark concert in Cranbrook, so it's going to be a long and busy day for me, as I have to work this morning too.

12 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Didnt he do well??? Well done Rio.

Well done the farrier too!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

Yea good job Rio! And LOVE that top shot of Beamer!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Janice said...

Yawn Yawn,what a hard job....if that's all I have to do.....piece of cake.

allhorsestuff said...

HAHA!! The dropping of the camera made me laugh...everyone got in the frame!
He is such a good boy!
Beamer is looking fit in the header too!
KK

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

Such a good boy!

Repeat after me: "I do not need another horse, I do not need another horse...."

gtyyup said...

Rio's doing so good...you're doing a nice job with him...what a handsome boy too!

HaHa...Beamer's all Beamer in that header shot!

lisa said...

Good boy, Rio! Terri Clark, cool! I always liked Terri.

Linda said...

Sounds like all your work paid off when the farrier came;) Enjoy your concert!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sure is doing well! Hope you enjoy the concert !

aurora said...

That is a full day! Have fun at the concert, Terri puts on a good one. Looking forward to the photo's.

Michele said...

hey,i got to see my sis! yay! i love you!! :) good boy rio!

Dania Salsabila said...

Beamer's such a wondeful horse...