Ted is building me a gate; a 10 ft. panel with a 5 ft opening for the gate, which will be around 4 and a half ft wide once it's fitted.
He has a plan to do a decorative piece with horseshoes on the top , there will be 2 top rails to make it extra tough.
Tack welding the top bar in place. Where's your welding helmet Ted?
I had hoped to be using the pen by today, but things always seem to take longer than planned. I hauled all the panels out with the little tractor and laid them out, ready to assemble once the gate is finished.
Awaiting the gate and one more panel
Ted says the gate will be finished tomorrow and we'll do the set up in the evening. Can't wait! I was planning on taking Clancy for a ride today but I'm beat from all the raking and heavy lifting. These panels are made from 2 inch drill stem pipe, and they are very heavy. In an ideal world, I would paint them before I assemble them.... but rust is a colour isn't it? I'd like to paint them grey like my other panels.Also, I want to wrap rubber conveyor belting along the bottom half all the way around to keep the sand from getting kicked out.
5 comments:
It looks good! Will be nice to have all that. I would like that sand in my arena but I have to make do with dirt for now. I had slabs up around mine to keep the dirt inside it worked well
Lookin' good and so close to completion! Nice that Ted is building a custom gate, making it even more special.
You can always paint it after it's up, I know it's not ideal but you'll be using it that much sooner ;)
Another bonus to the belting, it'll help keep a leg from going under the panels.
Very nice!
Ok, I am singing with you! I fought the sweat, and the sweat won!... Really true in this boiling hot summer we're unfortunately having!
Post a Comment