I had planned to haul to Canyon arena today, to work Clancy and pony Josie. It was such a beautiful afternoon that I decided to forego that dusty arena and just trail ride Clancy at home instead. I waited until the late afternoon, and it was an absolutely beautiful ride.
Heading west out onto the fields. They plowed under this field after taking the barley off.
So peaceful, not a breath of wind, I could hear the geese overhead and the seagulls in the plowed field.
Not many geese moving yet, another couple of weeks before we start getting lots of them.
The long evening shadows, creeping towards the Skimerhorns.
I worked Clancy a bit out in the fields, she is getting handier all the time. Nice to see improvement in her every time I ride. Love that mare! And what a great way to end the day, watching the sun go down from the back of a good horse.....
and accompanied by a good dog.
Only thing missing was good friends!
4 comments:
pretty ride, you sound real happy with Clancy! Tess is looking good:)
Really beautiful stuff - scenery, horse and dog!
After having recently been through your area, I can say you are a blessed woman! The rides I've taken alone are some of my most special memories--I think it's because I concentrated more on my horse.
sounds like a lovely time all around.
Post a Comment