Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Just stuff going on
It has sure been beautiful weather here this last week; sure can't complain waking up to mornings like this:
We had a wee visitor the other day. There is a dairy farm the next quarter over, and one of the little calves got loose from there and wandered over to visit my landlords calves. It was across the fence from them, which is hot wire, and they were concerned that it would break the fence and then all the other calves would get out, so we chased it into the pen with the mares. Who of course, thought they needed to boss it around...
Poor li'l thing had been out all night and was thirsty.
I ended up having to lock up the mares who pestered her a little too much, then we loaded her in my stock trailer and hauled her back to the dairy farm. But not before Josie showed me some working cowhorse moves! Clancy wanted to work her too.
Today Josie had a lesson in ground driving; it went really well.
She sure is looking good. I will be hauling her and Shayla and me and Clancy to a Bruce Koch lesson on Sunday up at Janice's place, I've got some things I'd like to work on with Clancy, getting her to use her body more efficiently, which of course means that I have to improve what I am doing to help her and it will be good to see where he thinks I need to improve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lots of good stuff going on. Love those chestnut mares!
It's beautiful at your place. The weather has been good here, too. We're loving October so far.
Post a Comment