Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Pupdate

Thea is really starting to blossom. She has adjusted well to the pack dynamics here. Tess has quit giving her the stink eye and seems to be treating her the way she did her own pups. I have a sneaking suspicion Thea tries to suckle on her.
Reba makes sure that Thea respects her elders; she will snap at her if Thea gets in her face but lets her climb all over her. She shares her blanket too.

When we are outside she is doing well at staying out of the horse pens; I don't put a string on her anymore. She came into Clancy's pen once when I was cleaning it and backed out when Clancy came to investigate her.
Like a typical pup, she plays hard and crashes hard.
See that pillow behind her? she decided it was a good thing to snuggle in behind it to sleep.
I have had to puppy proof the house, and I use baby gates to keep her contained to certain rooms so I can keep an eye on her. Silence is suspicious. Very, very suspicious.

6 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Really a cute pup!!

Anonymous said...

totally cute.

Crystal said...

Adorable and yup I agree silence is suspicious

Unknown said...

What does Merle think? Miss seeing him

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh yes silence is bad, means they are up to something or asleep:)

Linda said...

Mia is settling in well too..a brat sometimes...sweet the next and that silence....I know it well. I love that her "cat" jingles and it's always a relief to hear after a short silence.